Pages

My name is Lepa and I am in Year 6. My teacher is Mr Barks and we are in Room 18 at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand.

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Whitening Snows Of Venerable Elder. Charles F Goldie .



The reason why I chose this specific painting , painted by Charles Fredrick Goldie,  was because  I thought it would be a difficult challenge to draw it and that I liked how the man’s facial really brought out his feelings . The year this painting was produced was 1916  , so this year , the painting is 96 years old .The name of the painting is called The Whitening Snows Of Venerable Elder.  What this painting looks like to me is , that he is thinking about the past and something really bad might have occurred.  

Charles Fredrick Goldie .

Charles Fredrick Goldie was born on October 20th . As a kid he was brought up by his mother and father. He was raised 7 other siblings including himself. 8 KIDS ! They were a poor family and David Goldie and Maria Parkington were struggling to feed and bring up their kids.

This Term For Extension we were given instructions to search for a painting and then craft it on hyperstudio . The theme for the term was art . We all selected our painting and drew them and put it up for a expo at school .

I liked my painting because i spent a lot of time on it , and it show's how much passion in it






1 comment:

  1. It's great to see this posted finally. So did it turn out to be a great challenge for such a talented graphic artist such as yourself? I love the finished product. Do you know where the original art work is today and what it is worth.
    Mrs Nua

    ReplyDelete