Pages

My name is Lepa and I am in Year 6. My teacher is Mr Barks and we are in Room 18 at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rm 22 League Session



Yesterday, the Senior school (years 5 to 8) had went out to our school court to learn some league skills with Siua from the 2011 Junior Warriors squad.

We put our change of close on and headed to our courts, But first we had to walk around the school because some of us just don’t listen. Then Siua introduced his self and we started straight away.

Firstly we got put into teams of 4 . Our first drill was stepping in and out in zig/zags. This skill improves
on stepping people and maybe your dog if he trys to bite you. The other drill was stepping each other in a line and then race down and score a try. Heaps of people were putting the ball before the line. This drill for
my team was hard because we had big people and the space was hard to step into but it was very fun.

to finish off this wonderful session ,we played this aw some game called the kicking game! This was my favourite activity. The rules for this game was to kick the ball into the air and then the person on the other side has to catch it on the full, if you dint catch then you are out or if the ball bounces near to and you are the closest you are also out. The height you had to kick was over your shoulder. Oh I almost forgot ,” keep your eyes on the ball”! My friend got hit in the face two times. I was very good at this game because we play this game in my team. We played this game three times and unfortunately my team loss ed , but it was a good battle.

Thanks to Sio Siau Taukeiaho for coming and spending time with us and I hope you come back so we can learn more skills from you and play that game again.Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment