Pages

My name is Lepa and I am in Year 6. My teacher is Mr Barks and we are in Room 18 at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Every Thursday the year 7 and 8’s have netball drills. My class, Room 22, went with Emma from the Auckland Netball Association.

First off we had to do dynamic stretches. They were high knees, butt kicks, and the grape vine. After that we did some passes. But first we had to learn how to put our hands on the ball. We had to hold the ball in a W shape. This helps with good accuracy. I learnt how to do a chest,bounce, and do an overhead pass.Then we learned to secure the ball safely with these steps. Ice Cream! Run then pass and take two steps and receive the ball and say ice cream in your head.


We finished our drills and had a game of corner ball. Corner ball is this game similar to Netball but there a cones on the other ends of the court and you have to get the ball in that semi circle. We played and it was very fun and the boys were pretty good at it too.

I think that Emma is an awsome person to teach us these skills and hope that she has a good time with us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment